All Governors are unpaid volunteers.
To enable us to fulfil our role each Governor undertakes to:
- Visit and familiarise ourselves with the school and staff
- Be prepared to regularly attend and contribute to full meetings of the Governing Body
- Take an active role in committees
- Take part in training
- Set targets for progress, and monitor and evaluate all areas of development
- Recognise the respective roles of the Governing Body and the Head teacher
- Observe confidentiality especially in relation to matters concerning individual pupils or staff
We meet at least once a term as a Full Governing Body and individual Committee meetings are held on a regular basis again usually at least once a term. The Chair meets regularly with the Headteacher to discuss the overall running of the School.