Poetry – my mind reading comprehension
- What word does the poet use as a synonym for ‘hole’?
- How does the poet say she must behave towards her mind?
- The poet uses the word ‘mind’ in different ways so that it has different meanings. Give two examples from the poem.
- Do you think the poet is a young person or an older person? Explain why using evidence from the text.
- Why do you think the poet wants their thoughts to “be mine alone”?
- Why do you think the writer compares her mind to “paths and mazes”?
- Why has the poet chosen to talk about “wolves” in her mind?
Challenge question (extended question)Do you think the poet’s mind is a happy, sad or angry place? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Tuesday - word puzzle
Creative writing :)
An Unexpected Adventure – write the beginning of a story based on this picture. Try using the story starter to start you off.
Story starter! - She knew that it hadn’t been a good idea to leave the tap running, but now she was starting to enjoy herself…