Week beginning 18th May 2020
Hope you all enjoyed looking at the skeleton last week. This week we investigate the body more by looking at: MUSCLES
- First Watch this introductory video from our favourite two characters!
- Get the whole family to join in with this relaxing, mindfulness activity, by stretching each muscle group. Play some relaxing music whilst you do it.
Muscle relax activity sheet
- Use the instructions attached to make your own muscles to show they make joints move.
Make a muscle sheet
- Watch the PowerPoint to find out some interesting facts about muscles
- Complete the sheet below to find out the names of the muscle groups. Then work out which muscles you use by completing various activities.
Identifying Muscles sheet
- Use the attached diagram, or draw one in your book and use the word bank to label the muscle groups.
- Follow the link to complete a quick interactive quiz about muscle groups.
- Draw your own version of the attached diagram on how muscles contract and relax. Challenge!!! Can you draw the same diagram but use a different muscle group – e.g. from the leg.
How muscles work diagram
- Can you learn the Muscles song? Point to the correct part of your body as he mentions each one. Don’t worry about learning all of the names!!!
- Complete the Word search to find the muscle groups
- Follow the link to play an interactive quiz about muscles