Computers – e-safety thinkuknow home activity sheet 6
The Olympics Project
The summer Olympics were due to be held this summer in Tokyo however due to the COVID-19 pandemic they have been postponed until next summer. I would like you to find out about the Olympics past and present.
Things you could do –
- How many sports are there in the Olympics? Can you list them A-Z?
- Find out who has won Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for our country. You could draw three medals or a podium and write/draw the athletes.
- What is special about the Olympic Logo? Have a go at designing your own – see sheet below
- Discover when, where and what the very first Olympic games were like. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z87tn39/articles/z36j7ty
- Choose your favourite sporting activity. Draw a picture of it, explain how you play and why you enjoy it.
- Design a new medal – see sheet below
- What is our national anthem? Find and learn the words
- The opening ceremony is a huge event – what special things did we do for ours in London 2012?
- Have your own mini Olympics with your household. How many different events can you create? How many medals will you win?
- Where have the Olympics been held? Plot them on a whole map with their dates.
- Research the Paralympics? Who are our famous Paralympians?
- Using scratch https://scratch.mit.edu/ design and code your own Olympic game.
- Design a new tracksuit for Team GB to wear when they go to Tokyo
- Play the Ancient Olympics board game – see below