Topic Learning for 20.04.20
Topic – Vikings project
Throughout the week use your topic time to research The Vikings: Find out where they came from, when did they invade England? What type of people were they? What did they contribute to England. A good site to look at is http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/vikings.html
You could then use your research to –
- Draw a timeline of the invasion
- Write a scene from one of the battles including vivid description
- Make a board game of one of the battles
- Draw or make a viking longboat
- Use a map of England to determine place names that originated from the Viking times
- Draw the Norse Gods. Who was the mightiest?
- Make a viking house / hut from twigs and branches collected on one of your walks
- Draw a viking tattoo
- Compile a viking fact fie
Don't forget to upload some of your work on the website, I'd love to see some. You each have a personal folder so I can see what you've done.
Look after yourselves. Mrs. Chisnall