TOPIC: Week commencing 6th July
This week and next week is National Children’s art weeks. So I thought this week we would start with drawing and using our pencil skills.
- Start off with the Swirls about Me activity. Watch the PowerPoint and then complete the activity. You don’t need to print the sheet just write positive adjectives about you and your strengths on a piece of paper. Get your family to complete one as well.
Swirls about Me PPT
This is Me activity sheet
- Then have a go at Doodling. Watch the Mindfulness PowerPoint for instructions on how to create your own patterns. I have attached some sheets if you just want to doodle on ones already made.
All about Mindfulness PPT
- Carrying on with patterns, try to follow the step by step instruction to make an Islamic repeating pattern.
How to draw Islamic Repeating Patterns
- Have a go at drawing your face or a member of your family. Again follow the Step-by-step instructions.
How to draw a face step by step
- How are you doing? Confident? Now watch the video to show how to turn drawings into realistic 3d pictures by using one point perspective. The artist in the video uses colour to finish her picture, but if you don't have colours at home, you can finish your picture by shading.
- How did you get on with one point perspective? Ok? Good – so now we can move onto two point perspective. The artist in the video uses sharpies to finish her picture, but if you don't have theses at home, you can finish your picture with pencil.
You don’t have to do all of these activities, pick some you enjoy doing. Alternatively draw a picture of anything you like.
It would be great to see some of your finished work on the website. Don’t forget to upload your work into your own folder on the class page at https://www.willow-brook-pri.essex.sch.uk/what-can-i-do-with-work-that-i-have-completed-1/